When I was in Florence on business, not one, but TWO of the amazing, high-powered women with me were wearing pack away flats. These flats are essentially really thin shoes with bendable soles and elastic that tuck away neatly in any purse, backpack, or suitcase.
I’m not huge on ballet flats normally, but these make a lot of sense. They take up little-to-no room and offer a versatile alternative in any circumstance. If those formal shoes start to hurt, if your sneakers end up being too casual, or if you need closed toe shoes when all you have are sandals, these flats can save the day.
Here’s a roundup of the very best brands of pack away flats at every price point.
- Tory Burch Minnie Travel Flats, $215
- Tieks Taupe Leather Flats, $175
- Bloch Women’s Classica Pearl , $85
- Clarks Grayson Ballet Flats, $45
- Yosi Samra Samara Ballet Flat, $36
- Bandolino Leather Ballet Flat , $25
- Hush Puppies Chaste Ballet Flats, $20
- Solemates Purse Pal Bowed Ballet, $17
- Ardène Elastic Leather Flats, $9